Wednesday, February 1, 2017

CONTRACT OF LIFE, Life is Not Fair!!!

CONTRACT OF LIFE




By Ross Wilson, Alpine, Utah

Life is Not Fair! This is not a new concept for anyone. All one has to do is take a look around here and see life is not fair.

  •  It is not fair that I do not have the stunning good looks of Norine Garrett.
  •   It is not fair that I do not have the hair of Joyce Andrew
  •   It is not fair that I do not have the humor of Marbra Scherer
  •   It is not fair that I do not have the fun smile Carla Wheadon And there are a lot of more   serious issues of unfairness. 
  •  It is not fair that Bishop Petersen suffers health issues while someone of my size is healthy.  
Some people suffer from severe depression while others are as chipper as a lark.  Some people struggle to find work while others make money hand over fist.  Some people are born into war-stricken countries, or and do not hear the words of Christ.  It is not fair that my first wife never had a single health issue as an adult; Not even a headache; and to continue that …  It is not fair that my first wife’s only health issue occurred when she developed brain cancer and quickly died, leaving her children and me behind. 

We could all continue to list what is not fair by describing things about the persons all around you. Perhaps you have hear the words “that is not fair” stated in your house? Have you heard it more than once? So if life is so unfair, why oh why, did we “Jump for Joy” when we were given the opportunity come here, gain a body and have these “unfair” experiences? Perhaps the answer to this question lies in an observation: Every miracle first started as a problem that one could call unfair; a trial. 

So, What Happens when we Die? I don’t know the exact order of things, but from what I know and have read from the Lord through His prophets, this is what I think will happen. We will see those afflicted with severe mental illness be restored though Christ; and we will say that was merciful, just and fair. We will see our children who are making what we think are poor choices because of the poor example of an errant leader or parent be judged by Christ who understands their heart and soul; and we’ll say it was merciful, just and fair. 

We will see my friend who was on a senior couple mission, who had a stroke, and woke up not knowing his wife or the gospel, and only remembered snippets of his past. He left the hospital smoking, something he never did before in his life. We’ll see him judged by Christ who understands his heart and soul; and we’ll say it was merciful, just and fair. 

We will see our children who were injured in an accident and then make what we feel are poor choices judged by Christ who understands their heart and soul and we’ll say it was merciful, just and fair. We will see those have wronged us or hurt us judged by Christ who understands their heart and soul and we’ll say it was merciful, just and fair. Most importantly, we ourselves will be judged by Christ who understands our heart and our soul and we’ll say it was merciful, just and fair. 

All of these judgements will come from Christ, who has felt our ills and challenges, who has shown ultimate love and is kind and just. Once all mankind has been judged, we will see that although it may have been said that we felt this life was not fair, we’ll then understand that the only person who it was not fair to was Christ. Christ our savior who atoned for our sins, mediated before the father for our sake. Christ who died for my sins so I can return to the Father. 

Although I will feel consequences for my choices here on earth, I cannot pay for my sins, He did. My eternal life will be based on His mercy, justice and fairness that comes only through Christ. Once we all see these judgments, especially the part when we are judged and exalted only through the mercy available from the atonement of Christ, it will be easy to see how every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ. So.. Now what? Our test is not over, nor will it be for a while. 

Christ died for my sins so I could return to my Father


Four Steps to Get Through Life: 
  1. Understand why we are here. We are to be tried and tested in all things. Each of us. By this I mean, we will all be tested:  Spiritually,  Physically,  Mentally,  Temporally,  Morally. I firmly believe that we will all be tested multiple times in all categories. It is not a question of if, but of how we will be tested in each of these areas. If we are to be tried and tested in all things, then certainly there are more values than the ones I mentioned. The goal, is to develop Christ like attributes of:  Faith in Jesus Christ  Hope  Charity  Love  Virtue  Knowledge  Patience  Humility  Diligence  Obedience. These Christ-like attributes, taken from Preach my Gospel, are the attributes we all need to develop, and as I understand them, all of these attributes are developed through hard work and proved through trial. If we can remember why we are being challenged, tried and tested, we can respond in a more appropriate way. For me there are two key things that I look to in order to help me respond correctly. One of them are the covenants I made in the temple; these covenants are sure and true and help provide me with an impetus to keep working to better myself, endure trials, with the knowledge that the promised blessings will be realized. The second is very personal to me, but I will share a portion of it. Over the course of my life, I have had several experiences that confirm that there is a premortal and post-mortal existence. This knowledge, coupled with the fact that I want to live with my family forever, is a very strong motivator for me to endure to the end. I have developed what I call “My Contract with Life.” Within it, I have listed each challenge I have had or I have seen others have and what I am supposed to learn from them. What is interesting is that there is always a clear benefit to the challenge unless the person gives in. When a trial comes your way, (and they will as long as you are progressing), perhaps a good strategy would be to recognize it and ask yourself “What am I supposed to learn from this?” When we understand the answer to this question, then we can respond to the challenge with more insight. You may consider keeping your own “trials log,” wherein you list the challenges you face and what you learned from each. When you look back and re-read your trials log you will see your own progression and growth. 
  2. Ask Parents for help – To the Youth: No one loves you more or will sacrifice more to help you grow and be happy than your mom and dad. When you go to them with a concern they will not judge and punish, but will be loving and provide you with the necessary help and assistance. To the adults; same is true for you, so you too may ask your parents for help and assistance. Additionally, as we include our spouse, both the child and the spouse can learn and grow together. 
  3. Recognize that others may at times choose unwisely. Parents, allow for your children to fail and learn and grow. This is a time to be tested, and the plan of salvation was necessitated because our Father in Heaven knew we would not be perfect and at times would fail. It is part of the plan. Perhaps, then we should not expect perfection from your children or from others. Accept that this life is one big trial and allow others’ rights to live life as they see fit. Not everyone is going to make good choices for themselves. Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles taught this principle in the last general conference that we cannot pray away others’ agency: “The scriptures tell us that when some of Heavenly Father’s spirit children chose not to follow His plan, the heavens wept. Some parents who have loved and taught their children also weep when their grown children choose not to follow the Lord’s plan. What can parents do? We cannot pray away another’s agency. … We can pray for guidance about when to speak, what to say, and yes, on some occasions, when to be still. Remember, our children and family members already chose to follow the Savior in their premortal realm. Sometimes it is only by their own life’s experiences that those sacred feelings are awakened again. Ultimately, the choice to love and follow the Lord has to be their own.“ 
  4. Believe the Words of God as found in the scriptures. Believe that our trials are short-lived and have a promise of exaltation. D&C 121:7-8 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. Believe that Satan is powerful and will be successful at times. D&C 52:14-15 And again, I will give unto you a pattern in all things, that ye may not be deceived; for Satan is abroad in the land, and he goeth forth deceiviing the nations—Wherefore he that prayeth, whose spirit is contrite, the same is accepted of me if he obey mine ordinances. Believe that we can work at our own pace. D&C 10:4 Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength and means provided to enable you to translate; but be diligent unto the end. Believe that we can have clear answers to all prayers that affect our eternal standing. D&C 9:7-9 Behold, you have not understood; you have supposed that I would give it unto you, when you took no thought save it was to ask me. But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right. But if it be not right you shall have no such feelings, but you shall have a stupor of thought that shall cause you to forget the thing which is wrong; therefore, you cannot write that which is sacred save it be given you from me. Believe in your inspired thoughts. D&C 11:13 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy; Believe that obedience to the commandments is key. D&C 11:20 Behold, this is your work, to keep my commandments, yea, with all your might, mind and strength. Believe that Heavenly Father will give us tools to successfully overcome all trials. D&C 4:7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen D&C 6:5 Therefore, if you will ask of me you shall receive; if you will knock it shall be opened unto you. 
  5. You can believe that all your challenges are for your good and are in fact part of your development plan. D&C 58:3 Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation. 
We are in the middle of a hard test. 



To Conclude It is true that this life does not seem fair at times; it is a difficult trial. The hard part may be remembering the big picture when we are in the middle of a hard test, having multiple trials. For me this is when I turn to the “Contract of Life” binder to remind me. In the end, all will have been dealt with fairly, and all have a chance to gain exaltation. Christ was and is the savior of the world. Through Him I, my family, and all mankind has a fair chance at life evermore. Of this I so testify…

3 comments:

  1. I am co-founder of Thrive After Divorce For Men and I provide divorce tips for men. I was searching about Double Dipping In Divorce on Google and I got your article and after reading it we get many important knowledge about on divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you know you are not ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I was dying inside for my cheating wife , i had no prove, no one to run to. Everyone thought i was paranoid. until i was referred to a Private Investigator  Mr James . I told him about my situation and He understood me well and helped me spy on my wife.He hacked my wifes Gmail and Facebook account and linked all her WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth.I saw all the evidence and i was heart Broken,I just want to openly say thank you to James for helping me get evidence against her,i feel so hurt. If you need help please contact him Mr James (Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via Email. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need to hack a mobile phone? i know of someone who can help.
    Mr James I saw a review about him and I needed help hacking my wifes iphone so i contacted him and he said he was going to help me.I gave him the information he required about my wifes phone and after some few hours later i received all her mobile phone activity and got all her deleted text messages linked directly to me. He was reliable and trustworthy i just want to say thank you to him. If you need help you can contact him via Email(Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) or WhatsApp : +12678773020

    ReplyDelete